Quality Care When You Need Us Most
The mission of Sacred Journey Hospice is to provide compassionate physical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and families while enabling them to live with dignity and comfort as they cope with issues related to a life-limiting illness.
Sacred Journey Hospice strives to be the most sought-after hospice in each community we serve by providing comfort, compassion, and empowerment to patients and families through respect and dignity in taking the next steps forward in life’s journey.
At Sacred Journey Hospice, we value:
- Outstanding patient and family care
- Open, honest, courteous communication
- Have Fun!
What Is Hospice?
Hospice is not just a place; it’s a model of comfort and compassion-based care and support for patients, and their families, who are experiencing advanced illnesses.
- Hospice neither hastens nor prolongs death. It focuses on helping patients live the remainder of their life to the fullest extent possible.
- Hospice is living with quality end-of-life care. Patients need not be homebound or confined to bed.
- Hospice is for patients with many types of illnesses. While about half of our patients have some form of cancer, a large segment of our patients have cardiac and respiratory disease, renal disease, neurological illnesses such as Alzheimer’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease, AIDS, cirrhosis, and others.
- Hospice never means the patient or family are giving up hope. There is much that can be done during this precious time when support and care are needed most.